There is always something happening at Bridge Valley! We run a range of Bridge Valley camps every year. From Community Camps, eight Kids Holiday Camps for ages 8 – 13 during the school holidays and many Youth Leadership Camps including our BVIP program.
Bridge Valley was formed with a desire to run Christian ministry camps in the top of the south. Our values remain the same today to serve the community. As a part of every holiday camp we encourage people to grow, based on the positive values found in the bible.
Our Mission Statement: To provide a happy and safe environment for kids filled with fun, excitement, adventure, challenge, and make great memories. To make friends, feel a part of our family, and experience the love of God.
Bridge Valley is an OSCAR certificated childcare provider and also has OutdoorsMark certification for our adventurous activities and Health and Safety System.
Our holiday camp leaders are fun, encouraging teenagers and young adults who volunteer to lead a cabin of 6-8 campers during the holiday camps. These leaders are trained regularly and thoroughly by Bridge Valley Staff so they can support campers to the best of their ability.
What does a week at camp look like?
Below is a generic schedule of what a week at camp looks like. They change slightly each camp but this gives an idea of how much fun we can fit into one week here at Bridge Valley!
Holiday camps now offer bus rides to camp on the first day, and back home on the second day. The stops and times are below, along with a week campers gear list.
Nelson i Site:
Pick up 8:30, drop off 5:45
Tahuna – Beach Rd, by KFC:
Pick up 8:45, drop off 5:30
Stoke – Shops on main road (morning: opposite Squires Cafe, evening: Countdown Supermarket):
Pick up 9:00, drop off 5:15
Richmond – Info Centre (Gladstone Rd):
Pick up 9:15, drop off 5:00
Pick up 9:25, drop off 4:50
- Sleeping bag
- Enough clean clothes for 5 days (no laundry facilities)
- Covered shoes (required for certain activities)
- Plenty of warm clothes
- 2 towels
- Swimming togs
- Lip balm
- Hat for sunny days / beanie for cold days
- Roll-on or stick deodorant (not spray cans)
- Drink bottle
- Warm waterproof jacket
- Plastic bags for wet/dirty clothes
- Bible (if you want to)
- Costume (optional)
- Helmet (if you are wanting to ride a skateboard or scooter on the half pipe you must provide and wear your own helmet)
- REMEMBER: NAME ALL ITEMS
- DON’T BRING EXPENSIVE CLOTHING – it may get dirty, damaged or lost.
Please do not bring:
These items will be confiscated if found in your child’s possession during camp and returned to their parent or guardian who picks them up, and could also result in your child being sent home with no refund.
- Mp3 players, laptops, tablets, portable game systems (Nintendo DS, PSP, etc..)
- Spray deodorants (sets off the smoke alarms)
- Inappropriate magazines or books
- Knives, air soft guns or other weapons
- Any form of recreational drugs, cigarettes, or alcohol
- Personal Snacks. Due to increased allergies, snacks that are not provided by Bridge Valley are no longer permitted at camp. This is to avoid those with severe allergies coming into contact with food they are allergic to. Please do not include snacks in your child’s bags.
STEP-BY-STEP PROCESS OF REGISTRATION
- Scroll up on this page and click on the camp you would like to register your child for.
- The camp’s picture will enlarge and there will be a ‘Sign Up’ button just underneath. Click this ‘Sign Up’ button.
- A window will pop up and you will need to log in, this helps our system remember your details for next time. The log in button can be hard to spot, you may need to scroll down the page to find this window.
- Once you have logged in, enter the attendees (the child’s) name, followed by their details.
- Now you may need to select a ticketing package, most camps have only one option and this is selected for you. Below this is the options such as extra canteen and Intermediate electives.
- INTERMEDIATE WORKSHOPS/ELECTIVES. Are available at intermediate camps only.
- Once add ons have been selected, click continue. You now have the option to ‘Add an attendee’. Once you’ve added everyone you would like to book into the camp click on ‘Proceed to checkout’.
- You can now choose how you would like to pay. ‘Pay the balance’ and ‘pay some other amount’ will ask you to pay by credit card. Selecting ‘Pay the minimum due now’ enables you to pay by internet banking (it has replaced the old ‘Pay Later’).
- Read and check you agree with the T&C’s. Then click the Green banner ‘Continue to payment’ or ‘Save & Finish’ If you can not see the green banner please check you have not missed a step.
- Be checking your emails after registration, you will recieve a copy of your invoice with a balance owing (if any), as well as any other update emails.
- If any of these steps do not work for you, try using a different internet browser (e.g. Chrome, Opera, etc.), try a different device (laptop computers or desktops work better than touch-screen devices), and also double check that all your information is correct.
- If you have any problems registering, give us a call or email us and we can help you out.
Check out our catalog below to see what is coming up. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Alternatively follow us on Facebook, where you can sign up for upcoming camps in one easy process without leaving Facebook.
Bridge Valley on Facebook